Cake Decorating Reviews
Cake Decorating Childrens Birthday Cakes
Cake Decorating - Children's Birthday Cakes
Cake decorating Equipment: When you are decorating for birthdays and the holidays, you don't need every cake decorating tool out there, but you do need a few basics. The following are a must for cake decorating.
- Rubber Spatulas: These spatulas are made of flexible material and they are the best for scraping cake and frosting bowls.
- Metal Spatulas: Every cake decorator needs one large and one small angled spatula to spread and smooth frosting on your cake. To keep your cake from crumbling, use the small metal spatula to carefully parade a thin layer of frosting on the cake. This is followed by a normal layer of frosting.
- Piping Bags: You can purchase reusable 8 inch, 12 inch, and 18 inch bags, or disposable plastic bags, for cake decorating. Zip - lock bags will work in a pinch.
- Couplers: Coupling nozzles are needed to hold the icing tips in the bag. They allow you to change tips when you need to.
- Food coloring paste, gel, or powder: These food colorings are more concentrated than liquid, and they will not thin the icing.
Important tips for cake decorating
1. All ingredients should be at room temperature, as they will mix much better than when they are cold.
2. Always use and charismatic beater when mixing the cake. You will have less lumps than if you beat it by hand.
3. You in fact need a wire rack to invert and cool your cakes.
4. Trim your cake ergo undeniable will sit flat. Never use this part of the cake as the top, always use the smoother side of the cake to blanket with icing.
5. To reduce crumbling, bake your cake the day before you will be decorating it and place it in the freezer until you are ready to frost it. When you take it out frost it right nowadays.
6. You can purchase cake boards from any hobby or cake decorating shop. You can also cloak a large piece of stiff cardboard with colored foil and use that instead.
7. A great icing for cake decorating is Butter Cream, especially for a child's birthday cake.
8. Cut strips of waxed paper and place them under the unfrosted cake. When you are done with your cake decorating they will pull out easily and the cake board will not be smeared.
These are the basic tools that everyone needs for cake decorating. The tips given are meant to make it a bit easier to ice your child's birthday cake. It doesn't matter whether you have decorated a cake before, there are many sites on the internet that will give you ideas for cake decorating. And others that will take you step - by - step through the decorating project.
My advice is to gather over many useful tips that you can and keep them in a little booklet. When you run into a problem, you can consult the book. I know that anyone who has a desire to learn cake decoration, can do so just by visiting the various sites that are available to show you how to go about cake decorating.